Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Advent

It has been a long time since I posted anything. Honestly I'm still trying to figure out if God desires I spend time on this blog. I know he desires that I connect up with young Moms and encourage them in their wonderful yet sometimes tiresome job of raising children. Important job of loving their own husbands and caring for their home. With all those duties stated I also must say I want to encourage you to spend time with your Lord. A great way to do that this time of year is to celebrate Advent in your home. Advent is not a celebration mentioned in the Bible. Yet I believe that slowing down to remember why Jesus came to earth as a baby is so important. Of course you can do this with out using the Advent candles but it is a fun way and children enjoy the lighting of each candle. Advent starts this Sunday and goes until Christmas day. There are four candles each representing a special part of the Christmas story. The first candle is generally called the prophecy candle. In Micah 5:2 "But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago from the days of eternity." God always planned from the days of eternity passed that our Saviour would be born in Bethlehem. Bethlehem means house of bread. Of course it is also the birth place of David. Because Joseph was from David's family tree he had to go back to Bethlehem during the census.
Above is a craft I made to share with my grand kids. You may enjoy making a paper angel with your little ones. The shapes of the body and arms are bell shapes. I just used some left over scrap booking paper but you could even use gift wrap. If you feel you need a pattern there are lots of free craft sites on line.

Let me know if you plan to start the tradition of celebrating advent in your home.
may God bless your heart as you do the work He has given you to do today.
Nanny

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Oregon, United States
I love to take care of my husband and home. Study the Bible. Support young women in their roles as student of the Bible, wife and mother.