Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Prayer

I was recently reminded of a pattern for prayer called A.C.T.S., Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication. It amazes me that the God of the universe desires a relationship with me. He doesn’t not require that my communication with Him follow a plan, He is my heavenly Father. He loves me and wants to spend time with me. But, using the A.C.T.S. pattern helps me remember to thank God for who He is not just what He is doing for me. It reminds me that daily cleansing is what I need as I confess my sins. So much to be thankful for and then to bring Him my concerns. God graciously showed me the verse in Psalm for the supplication section. I have come to learn that what I need more than anything is to know God and His will through study of the Bible.
The following verses from the NASB Bible helped me to focus on each part of the ACTS prayer pattern.
Adoration
Genesis 1 : 1-5
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spiit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day."
Confession
1John 1:5-10
"This is the message we have heard from Him and announced to you, that God is Light and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin,, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanses us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us."
Thanksgiving
Psalm 103:10-12
"He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heaven are above the earth, So great is His loving kindness toward those who fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us."
Supplication
Psalm 19: 7-11
"The law of the Lord is perfect restoring the soul. The testimony of the Lord is sure making wise the simple The precepts of the Lord are right rejoicing the heart. The commandment of the Lord is pure enlightening the eyes The fear of the Lord is clean enduring for ever . The judgments of the Lord are true they are righteous altogether. They are more desirable than gold, yes more than fine gold; Sweeter than honeycomb. Moreover, by them Your servant is warned."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Oregon, United States
I love to take care of my husband and home. Study the Bible. Support young women in their roles as student of the Bible, wife and mother.